"After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away” - Sex and the City

Monday, April 25, 2011

W.O.R.D.S. With Friends

I'm addicted. It's bad. "Words With Friends," the popular iPhone app not only keeps me busy when I'm bored in class, at work, or just whenever, but also keeps me in contact with my friends. AND it expands your vocabulary... Or so I'd like to think. The 21st century Scrabble like game is either free or $0.99 depending on what version you buy for your 3G or 4G iPhone. It involves having a word bank of words and of course a double or triple word score, like the famous game, Scrabble. It even includes a little instant messaging window so you can talk to your opponent while playing them. However this iPhone app is not bilingual... as my roommate soon found out when her word, "Diez," was rejected. Nonetheless with a colorful and easily accessible board, even an idiot could play it. I-D-O-I-T. A word worth 12 points.

I think the funniest thing about this new app is how much more you can get in contact with your friend. From your iPhone, you can text, e-mail, Facebook, call, play "Words with Friends" and instant message your friend on "Words with Friends" all in about 2 minutes. Understandably it's the 21st century, but how many ways do we really need to keep in contact with our friends? F-R-I-E-N-D-S. 22 points. Bam. Just won my last game.

No comments:

Post a Comment