"After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away” - Sex and the City

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dead Wrong, Yet So Right

Mind maps may be a way to express our thinking, but I really hope no one thought mine reflected me personally. That is because I used the ugly and somewhat gruesome word "dead" for the central idea. The idea for my mind map came to me one Saturday as I was ringing up a customer at the boutique I work at. While buying our new, off-the-shoulder Valentine's Day dress, she explained to me how she was going to surprise her "deadbeat" husband. She then went on to describe how she was nearing the "dead end" of her marriage. Amazingly this conversation took place all while I punched in the 16 digits of her American Express credit card. While she was complaining about her life, I was planning my project. And as she left she yelled to me "Honey, don't ever marry a man who's balding before he's 20, you'll go 'dead wrong'." And boom, just like that, I had my advertising project. One day I hope she comes in again, for I have to thank her for my A plus on my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment